18-883C3: Special Topics in Energy Systems: Advanced Energy Control Center Applications
This course will focus on the concepts and analytical methods for monitoring and control of the bulk power systems. Current technologies for power system operations do not handle abnormal or emergency operating
conditions effectively. In this course, we will explore new approaches for the monitoring and control of power grids.
- Current power system security assessment framework
- Major blackouts in the US
- Alarm processing and fault diagnosis with remedial control strategies
- Communication failures and cybersecurity
- Defense systems and system restoration
- Future online applications for energy control centers
Last Modified: 2018-11-05 12:09PM
This course is currently being offered.
- Spring 2019